- Always use the power button on your printer to switch OFF your computer. This protects the printer’s ink cartridges from drying out completely.
- Use original HP ink cartridges and supplies.
- Select proper paper type using the Media drop-down menu and choose appropriate print quality using the Quality Settings drop-down menu.
- Go to the HP printer software on your computer and then click Print & Scan to alter the settings.
- Replace the ink cartridges as soon as the ink levels of the old cartridges are low. Do not wait until the ink levels are extremely low.
- Align the ink cartridges properly.
To align the cartridges from the printer software
Align the ink cartridges properly, so as to ensure the quality of the output. If you install a new cartridge, then your HP printer prompts you to align the ink cartridge.
1. Load the input tray with plain A4 sheets.
2. Open the printer software on your computer by following the method given below.
- Windows 8 or 10: Right-click on the empty area of the screen on your desktop. Select All Apps, and then choose the icon with the name of your printer.
- Windows 7: Click on the Start button on your desktop, select All Programs, choose HP and then click on HP ENVY 4500 series.
3. Click on the Print & Scan option, and then select Maintain Your Printer to view the Printer Toolbox.
4. On the Printer Toolbox, click Align Ink Cartridges. It is present on the Device Services tab.
5. On clicking the Align Ink Cartridges, your HP Envy4500 printer starts printing an alignment sheet.
6. Place the cartridge alignment sheet on the scanner glass as shown in the image given below. Print side down should be facing down.
7. After the above step, follow the instructions on the printer’s display.
Align the cartridges from the printer display
a. Tap on Tools menu from the printer’s display panel.
b. On the Tools menu, select Align Printer and follow the instructions on the printer’s display.